Translate

Friday 27 October 2017

Tues Oct 24 Bulbs and Planting

Last week I explained the pumpkin seeds from Ben's pumpkin and  how we planted seeds last year. Well we are lucky Mrs. Prokopec gave us some bulbs to plant. This spring we should seed some beautiful flowers.

Ms. Carruthers showing students the procedure.
Dig a hole 6 inches
Put seed in
Cover it up
Water
Wait for spring.




 The bulbs!!!!

Some comments about the bulbs.
Hadleigh " ball"
Millie " acorn"
Kennedy"carrot"
Shayla" pine cone"
Onion
pumpkin
shell
coconut


This is the book with all the information.


 The flower bed was covered in leaves from a maple tree.

When the students and I removed the leaves 
Surprise!! A few baby maple tree had bloomed. 
  We used gentle hands and made sure not to touch the trees.



Ben's pumpkin seed . Ben asked if he could plant it. I also kept some seeds for the spring to  plant.
We can compare.
  We learned we need to dig 6 inches in the ground to plant the bulb.
  We found  a snail in our garden.
  My helpers Chelsea and Hadleigh.
 Abby is digging her 6 inch hole.
 More baby maple leaf plants
 Students stood beside the big maple tree where the small seedlings came from.


 Lucian is helping me replant some seedlings for inside.


I plan on planting some bulb inside. It gives a trick so the plant will think it is outside. I have to use my garage or basement for a month.
More to come next week!!!!.




No comments:

Post a Comment