Translate

Friday 20 October 2017

Tues. Oct 16 Planting

 We usually plant in the spring and summer. I had some plants from my home that are outgrowing their pots so I thought I should bring them in to replant into bigger pots. The children love nature like me so I had many helpers with this project.





 The small plant from home.

  A bag of soil

Lucian and I gently pulling the plant from the pot .
Look at the roots . We a great conversation about the roots and space for the plants to grow bigger.
  This is a root from my Hibiscus plant from last summer. 
This plant never grew when I replanted from inside my house. We discussed sometimes that happens in nature. 

  Lauren is filling the pot with new soil. Lucian is giving her direction since he helped me earlier with another plant.
  
Proud Lucian holding the plant gently .



 We used the smaller pots to plant some burrs we collected from the forest and also planted pine cone seeds from the pine cone.
We are not sure if they will grow but we are hopeful.
Next week Mrs. Prokopec gave us bulbs to plant outside in our planter boxes. 
I  will document the learning when this begins.











No comments:

Post a Comment